Butter prawn is one of the most popular seafood dish in Malaysia and Singapore. This dish is so delicious and easy to make.
- 1/2 kg large prawn, deveined, tail-on, head-on (cut out the eyes part)
- A handful of curry leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 bird’s eye chilies, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons of grated coconut, dry fried until golden brown
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- Oil for deep frying
1. Heat oil in deep-fryer or large wok to 190 degrees C. Carefully
place prawn in the hot oil. Deep fry until golden brown on all
side, about 1 1/2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove
from oil. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
2. In a wok melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add in bird’s
eye chilies curry leaves, garlic, and salt. Stir fry for 2 minutes
or until aromatic. Mix in prawn, sugar, light soy sauce and
grated coconut. Increase heat to high. Stir fry quickly to coat
the prawn with the mixture about 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the
heat off and served hot.