- 2 colossal shrimp or 5 to 8 medium size prawn
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green mango, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bird’s eye chilli
- 1 tablespoon roasted cashew nuts
- 1 red chilli, shredded
- 1 green chilli, shredded
- Oil for frying
- Coriander leaf and green lettuce for garnish
1. For dressing. Mix together sugar, fish sauce. Stir until sugar is
dissolve. Add in bird’s eye chili, green mango and shallot. Stir
just combine. Taste-test the dressing. It should be tangy- a balance
of salty, sweet, spicy and sour. Adjust it to your taste by adding
more fish sauce if not salty enough, add in lime juice if not sour
enough, more sugar or more chilies if not spicy enough for your
taste. Set aside.
2. Preparing shrimp. Peel and devein shrimp. Coarsely chop the shrimp.
Add in breadcrumbs then continue chop until finely chopped.
3. Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Carefully place in chopped
shrimp in the hot oil. Deep fry until golden brown on all side, about
1 1/2 minutes. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
4. For serving. Arrange crispy shrimp on serving plate and topped
with shredded red and green chilies Pour the dressing over the
crispy shrimp and garnish with coriander leaf.