Must try... this is my son's favorite.. the "Triple Layer Chocolate Cheesecake"
- 200 grams plain chocolate biscuits
- 80 grams butter, melted
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 5 teaspoons gelatin
- 500 grams cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 150 grams white chocolate, melted
- 150 grams dark chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups thickened cream, whipped
- 100 grams milk chocolate, grated
- Cocoa powder, to serve (optional)
1. Grease an 8 or 9 inches spring form pan with butter and line
the bottom with a round of parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Process biscuits until in forms fine crumbs by using the food
processor. Transfer crumbs into a mixing bowl. Add in melted
butter and stir until well combined. Use your fingertips to
press into base of prepared pan. Refrigerated for 20 minutes
or until firm.
3. Place cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle with gelatin while
whisking with a fork. Set aside for 5 minutes or until spongy.
Stand the bowl in a heatproof bowl of hot water and stir until
gelatin dissolves. Set aside for 15 minutes. (Note: never boil gelatin,
as it can becomes stringy)
4. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and milk until
smooth using an electric mixer. Stir in gelatin mixture and
5. Divide cream cheese mixture into two equal portions in
separate mixing bowl. Stir in white chocolate into one of the
cream cheese mixture. Combine well. For another bowl, mix
in dark chocolate. Combine well.
6. Divide thickened cream into two equal portions. Fold one
portion into white chocolate mixture and another one into
dark chocolate mixture. Mix well.
7. Pour dark chocolate mixture over biscuit base. Freeze for 10
minutes or until firm to touch. Carefully spread white chocolate
mixture over the dark chocolate. Cover and refrigerated
8. Release sides of pan. Place cheesecake onto a serving platter.
Sprinkle with grated milk chocolate. Dust with cocoa powder.
Cut into slices with a warm knife. Serve.
* This recipe is adapted from: