Pandan Chiffon Cake is the Asian version of Angel Cake and it has a very soft texture that would actually melts in your mouth. This cake is very light cake made with vegetable oil, eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, coconut milk, cream of tartar and pandan juice. In contrast to the traditional cakes, chiffon cake achieve a fluffy texture by beating egg whites until stiff, and folding them into the cake batter before baking. This recipe is adapted from :
- 2 egg yolks
- 10 grams caster sugar
- 50 grams cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pandan juice
- A few drops of pandan essence, optional
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 30 grams caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks with a balloon whisk, and then mix in 10 grams sugar. Add coconut milk, pandan juice and a few drops of pandan essence. Combine well.
3. Sift in cake flour and baking powder in three batches into the
egg yolk mixture. Mix well, and then add canola oil. Set
4. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until
peaks form. Gradually add 30 grams sugar, and beat until
very stiff and shiny peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into
the batter, and then quickly fold in remaining whites until just
5. Pour batter into chiffon cake pan.
bake for 25 minutes until inserted wooden pick comes out
clean. Remove cake from the oven and invert the pan
immediately until cake has cooled.